On April 3 – 4, 2018 an international conference was organized at National Academy of Legal Sciences of Ukraine (Kharkiv) within the framework of the Project “The rights of refugees and internally displaced persons: the best European practices and ways of their implementation” coordinated by the non-governmental organization SME SPOLU.
Representatives of the Ministry of foreign and European affairs, Ministry of interior of the Slovak Republic, Comenius University in Bratislava, international expert groups and NGOs, who are involved in the projects of integration and protection of refugees in Slovakia, had an opportunity to exchange experience with the Ukrainian colleagues:
- Professor B. V. Babin, the Permanent Representative of the President of Ukraine in the Autonomous Republic of Crimea;
- Professor O. V. Petryshyn, President of the National Academy of Legal Sciences of Ukraine;
- Professor S. O. Horbunova-Ruban, Deputy Head of Kharkiv City Council;
- George Kobakhidze, IFES’ Senior Operations and Civic Education Officer in Ukraine;
- Vartan Muradian, representative of the UN Refugee Agency in Kharkiv;
- Professor L. R. Nalyvaiko, Pro-rector of the Dnipropetrovsk State University of Internal Affairs;
- Professor A. G. Bobkova, Dean of the Faculty of Law, Donetsk National University;
- Professor M. V. Savchyn, Uzhhorod National University;
- scholars and teachers of National Law University in Kharkiv, representatives of NGOs which provide assistance to internally displaced persons;
- Ganna Khrystova, Senior Project Officer, Council of Europe Project “Strengthening the Human Rights Protection of Internally Displaced Persons in Ukraine”;
- Ganna Shvachka, Head of Civic Association of Ukrainian community in Slovakia SME SPOLU.
The SME SPOLU’s Project “The rights of refugees and internally displaced persons: the best European practices and ways of their implementation” is being implemented in cooperation with National Academy of Legal Sciences of Ukraine, Donetsk National University and with financial support of Slovak agency for international development cooperation (SAMRS), Council of Europe Project “Strengthening the Human Rights Protection of Internally Displaced Persons in Ukraine”, the International Foundation for Electoral Systems (IFES).